Wednesday 26 April 2006

Where are you, God?

I haven't felt close to God for at least a couple of years.

Why? I think I've done all the right things. I read my Bible, if not every day, than at least fairly regularly. I pray. I love the church. I even work there every Tuesday. I trust that God can work in my life. I have an insatiable desire for God - I feel like I've walked for days in the desert and desperately need his cool water.

So what is wrong? Why doesn't God speak to me? Why don't you, God? Where is that water you promise?

It might be that I have only just had a serious, honest look at my life. It's easy to just cruise along, and I'm a star cruiser. Only lately have I stopped to really think about it. But still, I have been doing all the right things. I have been working hard for God, and I desire his touch more than anything.

Surely, if he wanted to, he could meet me, wherever I am. Am I missing something?

God, why don't I feel you here with me? Where are you?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:02 pm

    A teacher at school told me when i was going through a dilema very similar to yours "feelings are real, but are not always true"...At first i didnt get it but i realised that we can feel that God is not with us or we have lost touch with him, but we have not.

    He is always with us, through thick and thin! He is always constantly trying to talk to us, but some times we worship and fall into the presence of God for our own needs and spend time with out actually waiting for God to talk to us. When we get up/out of his presence straight after we have finished with our needs, we miss out on Gods tunr to speak to us.

    PUSH. Pray Untill Something Happens. Practise being in Gods presence and stay in the presence for a while, wait for God to speak to you, dont just do all the talking! your a good man Ben

    Peace be with you

    Lil Jon

    ReplyDelete