Wednesday 11 March 2009

A Bit Drastic

Numbers 15:32-36

A man is found gathering wood on the Sabbath day (when you're not allowed to work). The people didn't know what to do with him, so they brought him to Moses, Aaron and the rest of the community.

Then the Lord said to Moses, "The man must be put to death! The whole community must stone him outside the camp." And so they did.

This shocked me a little. Sounds pretty drastic. But I guess it showed the community that you can't mess with God. He has to be taken seriously.

I'm pretty glad we're under a more gracious arrangement now....

The last few months has been pretty busy for me, and there haven't been many rest days in there at all. Still, if there was the threat of stoning, I'd probably be a bit more intentional about it, and I'd probably have a healthier life....

No comments:

Post a Comment