Friday 14 September 2012

Review: The Realms Thereunder

What if there were ancient British knights sleeping beneath London, enchanted so as to wake up in the last days? A question I often ask myself. Or at least, it's a great idea for a fiction book series, which is what The Realms Thereunder heralds.

It's the first in the Ancient Earth series, by Ross Lawhead. You may recognise the surname from my other reviews (assuming you actually read these book reviews, which I pretty much do just to get free books from BookSneeze.com); yes, he's the son of my favourite fiction author, Stephen Lawhead. How could I not give this book a go?

And luckily for me, Ross writes in a similar style to his old man, although maybe with not quite the same depth... yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the works he comes out with. He's certainly got an amazing talent for storytelling, and a brillant imagination.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the book, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes when book 2 comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment