Tuesday 26 April 2011

Outlive Your Life

I love the idea behind this book, that we can live our lives in such a way to make a difference beyond our years on earth. "What if we rocked the world with hope?" Max Lucado asks. "Infiltrated all corners with God's love and life?"


I love this perspective, and I think it's a much more worthy way to live than the usual selfish, get-more style chosen by many people (and shouted at us by the advertisers - "Go on. You deserve it...").

Having said this though, something about this book didn't really win me over. I'm not sure exactly how, but the writing seemed somehow a little fake. It's probably just me. I don't usually go for these inspirational types of books.

I know Max Lucado is certainly living what he preaches. He's living his own life to make a difference, especially through his partnership with World Vision.

I'd be interested to hear what other people thought of the book, if you've read it...?

No comments:

Post a Comment