Thursday 29 April 2010

"King of All" Song

Ok, I've figured it out. Here's the main song I've been working on. Click here to listen. It comes out of the events of Easter, and what it all means for us on this side of the resurrection.... The new king is here, a new kingdom has come (and one day will be even greater), and it's unlike any other kingdom ever seen. This kingdom brings life, and love, and grace - and hope. Here are the lyrics. Love to hear some thoughts.

Hear the sound
And feel it rising loud
A new day’s coming now
A new day’s coming now

So raise your voice
Let’s join and make some noise
For love’s victorious
For love’s victorious

And we live to bring you praise
And we join the heavens to say

The king of all the earth is here
The song of love, the prince of peace
Forever, forever we’ll sing
The king of hope, the king of grace
You gave it all, you took our place
Forever, forever we’ll sing


 What can I say?
It takes my breath away
This love amazes me
Amazes me

Jesus Christ
Who gave up even his life
Now rules the universe
The universe

The world is waking
Dawn is breaking
All creation has longed for this day
Love victorious
Hope is glorious
Here’s our song, let it soar, Jesus reigns

6 comments:

  1. I likes it - particularly the chorus! I notice that the first line is lyrically similar to the pre-chorus of God's Romance (Delirious?): "Hear the sound let it shake the ground"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I didn't even notice. I wonder if I need to change that? I'll have to have a think. It is almost word-for-word, isn't it. That sucks. I totally didn't even realise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just listened to the recording (complete with children in the background :-P). I love the massive dynamic contrast between Chorus 2 and the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate! Yeah, it's pretty hard to get the kiddies to be quiet. Ah well, I guess the new kingdom will have kids in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just changed the lyrics. I wouldn't want to steal from Martin Smith, even accidentally!

    Ah well, I guess there are plenty worse people to steal lyrics from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey mate, I love it!
    I rekcon it often takes a few listens to start to like a new song, but I liked this one by the end of the first listen through!

    At first, it seemed like the chorus was a bit rushed, maybe a bit wordy? But the last two times through the chorus seemed fine.

    Great work mate!

    ReplyDelete