Thursday 14 May 2009

Pray in May

Last year I decided to focus on prayer in May. Mostly because pray rhymes with May, but a little because I knew prayer was something that my life generally needed more of.

This year I'm doing it again, because prayer is still something I'd like to get better at. Here's the list of ideas I wrote down at the start of the month. We're halfway through May already, and many of these haven't happened, but they're still good ideas I think, so I'll keep trying to do them.
  • Pray with "Sacred Space" every day (www.sacredspace.ie)
  • Read Bible every day, and journal any thoughts
  • Pray with Tam every night before going to sleep
  • Coffee with Tam once each week and write prayers in a notebook together
  • Have mates over to pray and play wii (I know, sounds odd)
  • Lead a prayer night at home group
  • Organise PRAY12 with youth group (12 hours of prayer - June 19-20)
  • Fast from something
  • Write lyrics to express prayers, how I feel, to God. Even just 1 or 2 lines a day.
  • Set aside 2 half-days, to spend time with God
  • Picnic with family one day, somewhere in God's awesome creation
  • Play worship songs on guitar at least once a week
  • 1 hour of focussed prayer a week (e.g. use one of the 24-7 prayer guides)
  • Pray for each youth person every week
  • Go to a church prayer meeting
  • Organise to get all married couples prayed for weekly
  • Organise to get all youth prayed for weekly
  • Email a short weekly prayer points email to people in the church
  • Set up a prayer space at the church
  • Get other people to pray in the church services (e.g. youth, children)

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Great ideas!

    Last night was fantastic mate. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete