Wednesday 22 April 2009

Energy


We've recently got an energy use monitor from the Government, which tells us how much energy we're using. It's so interesting I find myself looking at it probably 50 times a day.

Just looked up at it before and it said we were using energy at the rate of 1.2 cents an hour. Awesome! That's the lowest I've ever seen it (except for the one in the picture - how did they do that?).

But then I boiled the kettle for a cuppa and it jumped up to 63.5 cents an hour. Whoa.

Moral of the story? If you frequently get distracted by things when you're meant to be working, don't get an energy monitor.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ben,
    We just Got one of those as well :). They are quite addictive. Luckily the novelty is starting to wear off for me so I can do other things when I am at home :)
    I hope you have been well.

    ReplyDelete