Thursday 1 June 2006

Braveheart

What does this world need?

When I look at the world, in general I see a people dying. Who is really alive? Are there any amongst us who are tasting life to the full, rich and bursting with beauty? I look around and instead see far too many people with depression, or just hopelessness and despair. I see people searching desperately for life, or people convincing themselves that they already have it, or people giving up and finally saying "This must be all there is...."

But this can't be true! There must be more than this! I don't want to live a mediocre, hopeless, meaningless life. Please someone show me some other way!

On behalf of my world, I'm asking for leaders with vision and courage to give us hope. There is no more important time to stand up and be bold. Watch Braveheart again and be a leader like William Wallace. Show us what truth there is, show us what beauty there is, give us something valuable to live for. We are confused - walking blindly in a haze. Leaders, please stand up and lead. Lead with courage. Lead with integrity. And don't leave our side.

I would follow you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:49 pm

    I suppose what's a shame is that for those in the Church things appear to be no different (as you seem to identify). In the Church how often has it been said tearfully that for years they were just 'doing' Church?

    If the church is meant to be different, meant to have 'life', and yet we don't feel it ourselves? How are we different?

    I find it amazing that the church is still used by God to change peoples lives, but God doesnt desire just 'believers', but people who are spirit filled.

    Maybe I'm just bruised and battered. Maybe I'm just skeptical as the Church isn't something I believe in atm - it's just a pale shadow of what was described in the bible, which wasn't just an ideal, but actually existed.

    I long for God to sweep the church of it's feet, out of it's comfort zone, and into the unknown ... But God has given the freedom to do that already, just that people choose to prioritise their lives otherwise .. I doubt God would take that freedom away because he is a God of freedom - much of which was founded for his name.

    The Church is in hiding, the church is asleep. 'Church' isn't found in the Church. What will it take to wake?

    - I hope the tone of this message doesnt make you uncomfortable, or at the very least you appreciate the comments of an onlooker.

    ReplyDelete